Sunday 18 November 2012

Missing in action...

I thought it was about time I posted something on here, just in case anyone was wondering where I am and what I have been getting up to recently.
 
Puffins (on the Shiants Isles) - you looking for me?
My lack of posts doesn't mean that I haven't ringed anything for months, just that I have been super busy (work doesn't half get in the way of having fun!) and a little lazy when it comes to updating this blog!
 
If I am being completely honest, for a number of reasons I haven't ringed a single bird in my garden since my last post about garden ringing! I have, however, spent a week ringing auks on a beautiful set of Scottish islands called the Shiants Isles, ringed lots of lovely waders with the Wash Wader Ringing Group, ringed the odd owl with Jim and been out a couple of times with the South Notts Ringing Group (not as often as I would like mind you!).
 
Add to that a boat trip on the North Sea and a trip to Mull that I haven't blogged about and I am hanging my head in shame! So, I intend to rectify this and catch up with a couple of retrospective posts, starting with the Shiants. I am also hoping to find my garden ringing mojo (i.e. re-find the confidence to ring by myself again - I seem to have misplaced it somewhere!) and try to catch some of the dozens of house sparrows that are eating me out of house and home and see what other feathery friends are hiding in the shrubs and on the farmland at the bottom of the garden.
 
I promise to try my best to update this a little more frequently too!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment